Monday, June 29, 2015

Monthly Favorites: June


As I was getting my favorite things together for June, I began to recognize a pattern—everything was beauty related! I’ve been going through a bit of a phase where I’m experimenting with beauty products on the one hand and rediscovering my love of others. I'm by no means a pro when it comes to make-up, and I’m really just learning things as I go, but I do know what I like. Without further ado…

Ecotools Make-up Brushes –

I’ve been complaining about the fact that I don’t have a decent set of make-up brushes forever. I was a use your fingers or the included applicator sort of girl because I was too much of a cheapskate to buy a set. Then I was shopping for foundation the other day and discovered this 6 piece set of Ecotools for under $10. It comes with a blush brush, eye shadow brush, eyebrow brush, eyeliner brush, lash and brow groomer, and concealer brush, so it’s a good starter kit. For someone who’s never used real make-up brushes this was a steal. I did some research into the brushes too, and it turns out they are completely cruelty-free and made from natural recycled material.

Miss Dior Cherie 

Miss Dior Cherie is my signature scent and has been for years. My parents first gave it to me as a Christmas gift several years ago, and I’ve seen gone through several bottles. I wear it every day but was taking my love of it for granted until I recently tried to find a new scent. Nothing was calling to me. I am awful at trying to describe scents, but Miss Dior Cherie has hints of orange, gardenia, and white musk apparently. Don’t ask me what white musk smells like though.

Foundation Brush

As much as I loved the Ecotools brushes, the set didn't come with a foundation brush, and that is what I had been really looking for at the time. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what brand of brush this is, but I do know that I spent under $5 for it. I’ve been pleased with the results so far and it’s made applying my new liquid foundation effortless.

Rimmel London Glam'eyes Liquid Liner –

Some girls are lip girls, but I’m all about the eyes. I’ve always thought that my eyes were my best feature, so I like to accentuate them. I’ve always been a Rimmel London eyeliner girl, but I recently switched from Exaggerate Liquid Liner to Glam’Eyes on a whim. I love the precision of the thinner brush for achieving that perfect cat-eye flick! Granted, it did take a bit of getting used to after having a thicker brush for years, but practice makes perfect, right? I thought the formula went on smoothly and lasted all day (even with obsessive seasonal allergy eye-rubbing).


2 comments: