Monday, June 15, 2015

Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth Foundation


Sometime last fall I decided to remove foundation from my daily make-up routine. I was convinced that the formula I’d been using for 5+ years was drying out my skin and making me break-out. Whether that was true or not, I decided to give my skin a break to see if it would clear up. For those of you who are curious, it did. But after five years of using a matte foundation 7 days a week, I’m sure my skin was grateful for some breathing room. Recently though, I’ve been reading a lot of beauty blogs and was inspired to give a different foundation a spin. Maybe foundations were like shampoos? It’s good to change them up from time to time? There had to be a formula out there that would leave my skin looking fresh. My other criteria were that I wanted to use a liquid foundation (rather than the mousse I’d been using), and I didn’t want a matte finish like my old foundation.

A couple months back I did a post on my quest for a new concealer and landed Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer. Although I said that it didn’t completely hide my heinous dark circles, I was pretty pleased with the results anyway—it brightened up my face and blended well. It’s since worked its way into my daily make-up rotation. When I saw that there were foundations in the same Fit Me! line, I figured that was as good a place as any to start my hunt for a new foundation. It was the best $7.99 I’ve spent recently.

I am honestly in love with Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy + Smooth foundation. It met all of my criteria (liquid foundation, a natural finish, and hasn’t caused any break outs) and then some. The formula also contains SPF 18 (fair skin needs love) and has no wax or oils that could clog my pores.

The foundation is very easy to blend, even for a liquid foundation novice like myself. Don’t laugh but this is the first time I’ve attempted to use a liquid foundation. I’ve been using a foundation brush to apply it and have been happy with the results. It’s a translucent base but seems pretty buildable to me, should you need a bit more coverage.

I didn’t know that a foundation could feel so light and airy, and that’s just one of the many differences between the Fit Me! foundation and my old one (which is now in a landfill somewhere, I imagine). You put this foundation on and can forget about because it looks and feels that natural. Trust me friends, “dewy” is the perfect word to describe how your skin feel while wearing it. With the matte finish foundations I always felt a bit painted on, and I had this image in my head that I was walking around with a powdered face à la Marie Antoinette. I just didn’t know there was an alternative and thought that everyone secretly felt that way. This formula is practically weightless. And the staying power is amazing too. I wore it in 90 degree weather this past week and there was zero make-up meltdown. That is a true test in my opinion.

Should you find yourself in the market for a foundation anytime soon, I’d suggest giving the Fit Me! line a try. There are the Dewy + Smooth ones and Matte + Poreless varieties to choose from (16 shades each). I went for the #125, Nude Beige, since my face tends to be paler than the rest of me. If you haven’t already figured it out this is a rave review for Maybelline. 

*This post is not in collaboration with Maybelline, and the opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment