Friday, May 1, 2015

New Month, New Goals: May



It finally feels like spring, although just barely.  I was able to go out bare-legged for the first time since October and stuffed my down coat into the deepest, darkest corner of my closet.  I’m seeing buds on trees, which means I’ve been taking allergy medicine daily, but I'll suffer through allergies gladly if I can put winter behind me though!

The fact that spring has finally sprung did make some disappointing things this month more bearable.  I don’t want to dwell, but there were a few speed bumps this month that I’m still working over as we head into May.  You’ve just got to take it one day at a time, right?

So, how did I do with my goals last month?

Start booking French excursions. Done! You can read about it all here.
Freshen my spring wardrobe.  I splurged on a pair of Vince Camuto pumps, but between booking things for France, bills, and buying a birthday gift for Dad, there wasn't much money left.  Maybe in May?
Freshen up my make-up bag. I've been testing out my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer but didn't buy anything else.
Watch the new episodes of Outlander. I'm already sucked in again.  I don't know what I'm going to do once the season ends.  Read Book 2?  Re-watch the first 8 episodes that I have on blu-ray?  Buy the second half of the season on blu-ray when its released?  Pine for the gorgeous Jamie Fraser?  All of the above, probably.
Watch the new season of Game of Thrones.  I am dying to see what Oberon's vengeful children are up to, and so far they haven't made an appearance.  The season is just warming up, but I do think it'll be a good one!
Start using MyFitnessPal again. I was certainly better about using MyFitnessPal this month than I was in March, but I think I could still do better!

MAY GOALS

  • Read 2 non-work related books. I already mentioned how I'd love to start reading for leisure more in my first reading list, so I figured there's no time like the present!  31 days seems like more than enough time to read at least 2 books for fun, even if I get swamped with reading for work again.  Things slow down in publishing after Memorial Day, so that'll give me some more time to read too.
  • Get some gardening done. I'm hoping that this spring weather sticks around so that my parents and I can plant some flowers.  After months of seeing nothing but white, it'll be nice to have some color around.  Gardening is also a nice way to spend time with the parentals, something I've started to appreciate more as I've gotten older.
  • Attend BEA. BookExpo America is a huge publishing event that takes place in New York City every May. Publisher from all over come together at the Javits Center to network and publicize their big books.  There are always a lot of giveaways, author signings, seminars, and parties to attend.  I’m looking forward to getting myself some nice swag again this year!
  • Buy some new clothes (for real this time). I failed last month when it came to this goal, but I’m really going to try this time.  I’m getting tired of the clothes in my closet, and it’s always nice to add a few new pieces to freshen up your look.  Plus, I do want some lovely outfits for France!
  • Take photos for my first monthly photo challenge. Since one of my goals this year is to improve my photography, I’ve decided to give myself monthly photo challenges.  This way I'll be forced out of my comfort zone and get to practice new techniques and styles. This month I’m going to be working on macro photography, so stay tuned.
Do you have any goals for May?

Lovely calendar by Rifle Paper Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment