Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Massive Sweet Tooth


As much as I try to eat healthfully, I have a massive sweet tooth that can easily derail the best of intentions. Even when I’m on a diet, I know that I have to make allowances for at least one sweet treat a day so that I stick with it. I’ve never been good at the whole cold turkey thing.

My sweet tooth has certainly gotten the best of me of late though, so I thought that I’d share some of my favorite candies (of the moment) with you.

Nips –

I love caramel. Like love, love. The sort of love where if it were a person I’d marry it. So when I discovered Nips a few months back, I had found my candy nirvana. Nips are hard candies but pack the rich, somewhat sticky flavor of caramel that I love. They have a bunch of flavors, but the plain caramel is my favorite.

Sour Patch Kids –

I’ve loved these bad boys since I can remember. I’ve always had a soft spot for gummies (pun intended), but what I love about Sour Patch Kids is that they have the sour sugar on the outside that gives way to the sweet, fruit flavored gummy underneath. I eat these things until my tongue goes raw sometimes.

Sour Patch Kids Gum –

I love the Sour Patch Kids gum for a lot of the same reasons that I love the original gummy candies. Stride has done a great job at packing the same great flavor into a stick of gum. Cherry is by far my favorite. My only complaint is that I finish the pack of gum way too quickly.

Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Bites –

This is one of my movie theatre candies, and I actually bought this box when I went to see Jurassic World. It reminds me so much of being a kid and eating the cookie dough off the spoons and licking it from bowls, minus the mess.

Haribo Gummy Bears –

Haribo are the only gummy bears I’ll ever eat, and I always have to have a bag with me when I go to see a movie. I honestly don’t know what the real appeal, but I do know that this is my feel good candy. If I’ve had a bad day, Haribo Gold-Bears are what I want.

What are your favorite candies?

No comments:

Post a Comment